If there's one thing you all should know about my boyfriend it is that he makes the best rice crispy cake known to man. Seriously. I know what you're probably thinking, that it's really not a difficult treat to conjure up in the kitchen and that even a three year old can make crispy cake, but there's something about Jordan's recipe that is actually magical. The ingredients are super interchangeable, this time we've used Crunchie Rocks and Oreo, but we've used stuff like Biscoff and Creme Egg in the past too. If you're already thinking about what you're going to take to a Macmillan Coffee Morning next month, or if you just fancy something sweet to snack on whilst you're watching a movie, this crispy cake has you covered.
What you need:
- 4 bars of white cooking chocolate (Jordan says "you always need more than you think")
- 1/2 box of Rice Krispies (or a cheap supermarket knock-off if you're like us)
- 1 handful of sultanas
- whatever other filling you fancy
- some greaseproof paper
- 1 baking tray
- 1 wooden spoon
- a fridge will come in handy too
How to make it:
- Break up your chocolate into a bowl and microwave for 1 minute at a time until melted. Whilst that is melting away, pop some greaseproof paper into a baking tray.
- Once that's all sorted, start adding sultanas and Rice Krispies into the chocolate. Do this gradually and keep mixing as you go.
- After that, add in your extra filling and mix thoroughly.
- Pop your mixture into the baking tray and let it set in fridge for a few hours.
Please let me know if you give this recipe a go, it may be basic but it certainly isn't boring and if you're a sweet tooth you will likely find that this stuff is to die for. Happy baking!